Lots of stuff- and at the end a new song, so read or skip to the end
And I need to stop procrastinating. It took me two weeks to even send this. However, I'm feeling good about this year, despite everyone I know having Omicron and all my January shows were cancelled. But fun things are afoot:
1. The January shows are being rescheduled.
2. This Summer, I'm going to be in a musical at a very fancy pants theater.
I can't announce it yet, but it will be the first time I've been asked to play a role (that
isn't based on me) since 6th Grade when I played Miss Hanukkah. I will play a
murdered rabbi's wife. Typecasting?
3. F*ck7th Grade will be in a great East Village theater this Fall in NYC!
4. Working on ideas for the next record or two. I'd love to do one where I put down the
guitar and play with, say, a stellar jazz trio with piano. I would want it to still be weird,
but beautiful. Thoughts? Oh, and I've want to do a kinda dumb rock pop one too.
5. This Spring, I'll be workshopping "Crimson Lit" an adaptation of the Scarlet Letter.
6. Starting a Cult. Mine wouldn't have any theology or cost money - Just fun outfits.
I know, Bummer? But I will soon post the postponed dates hopefully soon. In the meantime, I'm booking house concerts on Zoom and for future in-person ones. Having shows cancelled has not only effected my pocket book, but...damn, I love to play! So, leave a message or email email@example.com for info on hosting and pricing. A New Years sale. And you should book it sooner than later, as I will be consumed by learning my lines as a murdered rabbi's wife.
Here is a little live demo of a newish song I recorded live with Julie Wolfe. Written with Robin Eaton. It's called, The End of Love. It may not be the happiest New Years song, but it was not written this year, and things are looking up in that area too!